Thursday, April 15, 2010

Saving Every Penny

Last night Danny and I went to Stop N Shop real quick to pick up some almond milk. We haven't been there in awhile but having shopped there before I knew they had a pretty good natural/organic section. I was disappointed that they only had the almond milk in vanilla and chocolate, we like original, but was impressed with their selection and prices. In my last post I spoke about budgets and how we can all live an organic lifestyle. My visit to Stop N Shop just proves that a little more.

I love Whole Foods and will continue to shop there but I have found that some items we buy are cheaper at Stop N Shop. The whole idea of a budget is knowing what options you have. Never just confine yourself to one store to do all your shopping. There are three markets that I go to because they carry things I use at better prices. Even if it's $.10, it all adds up. Here are the few things I found from my visit to Stop N Shop last night.

- Quorn products are $4.79 which is $.20 cheaper than Whole Foods. It may seem small but when you buy at least 4 of these items like I do that adds up to $.80!
- Vitatop Muffins are $4.79 which is cheaper than most stores.
- Cliff Kid Chocolate Chip Energy Bars were $3.99 which is a big difference from Whole Foods $4.39.

You see this slight difference can help anyone on a budget. You need to be aware of what stores are selling and at what prices they are selling them at. Stop N Shop also had a very good selection of Amy's brand products at great prices! Since we didn't find the almond milk we wanted we drove over to Target and they had the Silk brand for $2.99 which is $.60 cheaper than other stores. That was the biggest deal of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment