Friday, May 7, 2010

Eco - Cleaners

Using natural and organic cleaning products in your home is very important. Most of the stuff out there on the shelves are toxic and shouldn't be anywhere near a living creature. If you have to wear gloves to protect your skin when using a certain product, there is something wrong! There are so many natural cleaners out there it is very easy to find one you like. Personally, I love Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyers and J.R Watkins to name a few. In the new issue of Real Simple they tested cleaners and I was happy to see that natural choices were on top of the lists! Here are some they (and me) suggest.

All Purpose Cleaners

Best Anti - Germ: Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface
The main ingredient in this cleaner is thymol which is an extract of thyme. It has a strong scent but cleans and disinfects at the same time. It kills over 99.99% of household germs including Influenza, HINI and Salmonella. I love this product and use it in my home. Especially, the kitchen. For under $3 you can't go wrong. Their bathroom cleaner is great too! You can find most of their products at Target stores and drugstore.com.



Most Addictive: Parsley Plus by Earth Friendly Products
This surface cleaner has a nice parsley scent and brings freshness to your home naturally and safe. The #1 PET bottle is 100% biodegradable and for about $5 you can get 22 ounces which is a great deal.



Most Luxe: Murchison - Hume Counter Intelligence
With a name like this one you know it will be pretty pricy. Made with all organic ingredients this "counter intelligence" series is created from water, sugar cane, coconut oil and fragrances such as juniper berry and australian white grapefruit. I love the label and the bottle! This cleaner is very grande folks. You can find it at the Murchison-Hume for about $12.50.



Best Unscented: Better Life What-Ever! by Better Life
If the name wasn't enough reason to buy it, this all purpose cleaner is not tested on animals, is gluten free & hypoallergenic and is also safe for marine life. If that wasn't enough it is proven to remove more germs and bacteria than other conventional cleaners. It comes in natural sage and citrus scents too. Loaded with water, coconut oil, vegetable based oils and plant based amino acids this product is strong on dirt but easy on the earth. You can find this and other Better Life products at drugstore.com.



Wipes

Best Smelling: J.R. Watkins in Lemon
This scent is my favorite! I try to buy it in every product its available because it smells so friggin good. The packaging of all J.R. Watkins products are great as well. Smart design is always inspiring. Especially, when it comes from a company who has been making natural products for over a hundred years. You get 35 wipes for about $7 and might find it cheaper at Target. I totally trust this company and have used their products so they are Revolt approved!



Best Bang for Your Buck: Clorox Green Works
I don't use any of Clorox's products only because since they make better cleaners now they should get rid of all the crap they still sell. But if you want to use their products than go ahead. Its good that they are trying. Ingredients in these wipes are corn and coconut oil and other natural sources. For $6 you get a whopping 62 wipes so it will save you money.



Concentrates

Aromatherapeutic: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day All Purpose
I personally recommend this product because it smells great and works like a charm. I recently bought it to save money on cleaning products and I must say it was a smart investment. Although it was about $8, I can use it for everything in my home. I poured 2 capfuls into an old spray bottle filled with water and go nuts. I clean my floors, countertops, furniture and even glass with it. I swear it will last me months! The cleaner has a mix of natural oils so you can relax while you clean. I bet you can guess which scent I choose...lemon of course!



Mildest Scent: Ecover All Purpose Cleaner
Another lemon product that in not only refreshing but cleans with the power of nature. It's not tested on animals, safe for aquatic life and completely biodegradable. I have used Ecover fabric softener and absolutely loved it. I would definitely try more of their products. You can find them at Target and other retailers.



For more products check out the May issue of Real Simple.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for including Ecover. And yes please try more of our products!

    Valorie for Ecover

    ReplyDelete