Monday, December 26, 2011

Gifts the Really Give

This year I wanted to do something different for my family. Thankfully, they are all doing well and really don't desperately need anything. However, I do love giving gifts and every year I go the distance the give the best presents I can. This year I decided to give gifts that really give.

I created each member a handmade ornament they can hang on their tree and included a note saying I donated to charity in their honor. There were 12 charities in total I chose, each were relative to the family member. For example, my cousin Alexandra is a vegetarian and animal advocate, like me, so I donated to In Defense of Animals in honor of her.

Here are the charities I chose to help this year:

Books for Africa
Food for the Poor
Little Kids Rock
Cell Phones for Soldiers
Meals on Wheels
Arbor Day.org
Create Now
ASPCA
In Defense of Animals
Rescue Gifts
National Association of the Deaf
Feel Good Foundation - No Responders Left Behind

They all loved their gifts and appreciated the thought behind them. Now they have a unique ornament to hang on their trees and remember all the people they have helped this special Christmas :) I recommend this to anyone who wants to really make a difference on the holidays. As long as you create a beautiful package and a little something for the receiver to remember the donation, it will never be forgotten.





No comments:

Post a Comment