Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After

So Thanksgiving is over and Black Friday is coming to an end. I have to say I enjoyed the holiday immensely. I thought I would have gotten upset because I wasn't with my whole family but I didn't. As much as I love them all, I feel differently about the holiday now. I just don't feel comfortable sitting around a turkey and that is not going to change. Giving thanks and celebrating the holiday should not include dead animals. Period.

My Menu
Veggie Casserole {beans, cheese, veggie crumbles, onions & peppers}
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Corn
Marinated Roasted Veggies {red peppers, onions, broccoli & asparagus}
Carrots
Salad

Dessert Menu
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Shortbread Cookies
Brownies
Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Pie {made by Dan's Mom}
Carrot Cake {made by my Mom}

I am relieved that I stuck to my guns and did what I wanted to do. Giving in just isn't an option when it comes to this issue and I won't back down. I respect how other people want to live and carry on tradition but I don't want to be a part of it. I feel family and friends should be open minded and be able to change once in awhile - like I do all the time. Some aren't able to. I accept that reality. This is why I started my own tradition that is truly a celebration. Giving thanks to the Earth and serving cruelty-free food that is delicious is my kind of Thanksgiving :) You want to be a part of it, awesome. If not, go sit around a dead turkey.

To all you vegetarians and vegans out there - we RULE!





No comments:

Post a Comment