Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grandma's Lentil Soup

I love soups! During the fall and winter I make tons of batches so we have leftovers. There are few that are my favorites such as my Veggie Soup and Tomato Minestrone. However, there is another one that is close to my heart. Grandma's Lentil Soup! My Grandma rocks, especially in the kitchen. She grew up eating this soup thanks to her mother and now I get to eat it up too. Hearty and delicious, a warm bowl will make you feel better if you are sick, get you all toasty on a cold night or simply crush those hunger pains. Its easy to make, healthy as can be and oh so yummy. Now you can all benefit from this great recipe too :)

Grandma's Lentil Soup
- 1 cup lentils
- 6 cups of veggie broth or water & 3 veggie bouillon cubes
- 1/2 of a small can tomato sauce
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp of adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup of orzo or small pasta

1. Chop all veggies into bite size pieces.
2. Pour water or veggie broth in pot and add tomato sauce and seasoning.
3. Add veggies
4. Mix and cook on medium low for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked.
5. Before its almost done cook up the orzo add to the soup when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment