Sunday, September 11, 2011

Get Creative in the Kitchen

I came across a blueberry muffin recipe in Real Simple that inspired me to get baking. There were a few things I wanted to change so I switched a few ingredients out for vegan substitutes and didn't include some others. I also took some tips from another recipe from Kim Barnouin's cookbook and combined everything together. Boy did they come out awesome!

Always remember that you can take recipes apart and make them your own. This time I used blueberries but in the future I can add just about anything I want. From chocolate chips to nuts to other types of fruit - they will all taste great. The one thing that is important to me besides having something taste good is to use organic, natural ingredients that are healthy and vegetarian. I don't use dairy in any of my baked goods and you don't have to either. Even if you're not vegan or vegetarian, its smart to be as healthy as possible. The fact that you can enjoy a sweet treat and have it be healthy is such a amazing thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment