Friday, December 31, 2010

The Highs and Lows of 2010

So, five more hours and 2010 is over. When I look back on this year I must say, there were highs and lows. These are the things I will remember the most:

The Highs

- My trip to the Farm Sanctuary in May was inspiring. Although I was sneezing the whole time, I couldn't get enough of the animals!!
- My move with Danny to West Babylon was awesome.
- My first column with Patch started with Bellmore and I could never thank Jaime enough.
- When I created Revolt I was so excited! It was a step up from my first project, d+eco, and gave me an outlet to share tons of thoughts, information, tips and cool products with tons of people.
- My birthday was really cool. For my 31st, Danny took me to Blossom in the city :) It was the first veg restaurant I have ever been to.
- Danny's friend Pete got married in August. He is the first out of the bunch to be a husband! I was glad to finally meet him and his wife Brooke.
- My cousin Maureen got married in September and I was happy to be a part of her special day.
- My first charity walk in Northport for the Farm Sanctuary. So friggin cool!!
- Olive turning 3 this past November made me a happy mommy.
- Having my first vegetarian Thanksgiving was really important to me. Not only was it successful, I realized I don't have to sacrifice my beliefs or morals for anyone, even family.
- Seeing Tim and Eric live was so cool. Again, a gift from Danny that is well appreciated :)
- My friend Val was in a reality show, Bama Belles, and it aired on TLC for 2 weeks. Although, it isn't on anymore, I was proud of her!
- My cousin Diana recently got engaged and I am very happy for her. I wish her the best!
- Reconnecting with an old friend I haven't seen or spoke to in 10 years. Good to know you again Justin :)
- This year marked my one year anniversary being veg!
- My aunt's dog, Holly, had to be put down recently and it was so hard to let her go. I was thankful I got to spend time with her before she left us. I miss you Holly!!
- Last and certainty not least, seeing Pee Wee's Playhouse on broadway was ridiculous. I will never forget it!!


The Lows

- In April, my mom had lung surgery and they thought it was cancer. Thankfully, it wasn't!!
- My good friend's father passed away this year and I couldn't be more sorry. We lost him too soon :(

There seems to be way more highs than lows and that makes me smile. I hope the new year brings even more highs and tons of happiness. Although there will always be low points in your life, its the high points that give you a reason to keep going. Always remember the good times and don't let the bad get you down.

Smile, be positive and live smart. This is our one life to LIVE so lets live it to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment