Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End is Near but Tomorrow is Closer

So in a few days the year will come to an end. It feels like gusts of wind just carried the days right past me. When I look back I have no regrets. Even though I may feel like I haven't, I accomplished quite a few things.

My writing career started in January when I became a columnist for Patch. Since then it snowballed into more columns and a freelance position for Demand Studios. I am really thankful that my writing has been able to bring me income. It has always been a huge part of my life.

Another good thing this year was my move to West Babylon with Danny. It was all very sudden and a lot of work but I am happy we did it. Our new place is awesome and we are very comfortable here. Olive seems to like it as well. Him and I are moving toward the next phase in our relationship soon and I can't wait. The new year will bring all sorts of change and new adventures and it's going to be exciting.

Lately, I have been really thinking of my life as a whole. Realizations about friendship, communication and patience have never come so clear. I can see now, how people tend to fade out of your life. This is not always a bad thing. It has always upset me how my friends aren't a part of my life now as they used to but not anymore. I refuse to let it bring me down. People grow up, they realize what is important to them and they gravitate more towards those things. If I am not one of them, than so be it. There are other people out there who will find my presence more enjoyable. I just need to meet them.

As far as communication goes, I have always been one to reach out even when others weren't reaching out to me. That too, is done with. I will not continue to go the extra mile. It's simply not worth the time and aggravation. People who want to be in touch will make it a point to do so. Lastly, patience has been my savior. If it wasn't for its stern but gentle lessons, I would have gone mad by now.

The last and most important thing I have learned during 2010 is to not stress anymore. For years, money has repeatedly knocked me down. This problematic behavior kept getting the best of me. The truth - I simply let it. I admit it has been hard to overcome feelings of incompetence and bitter thoughts. However, going into the new year like this is just not going to happen. I am much more than sinful thinking. Losing my confidence is also not an option. After it all I remain strong, talented and beautiful. No one can take that away from me.

For the new year brings hope and sanity. A willingness to move forward with a steady balance and skillful mind. Bringing forth a new love for life and a passion for all things worth living for. New friendships, creative endeavors, love, family and the Earth - now these are the best of the best. Not money or material objects and certainly not the high life. True happiness and success comes from within and don't let anyone tell you different.

I pledge to share my positive vision with all who comes my way. Wishful thinking may sometimes create a dreamers dream. This is when reality ceases to exist. I will eventually get to the top, at my own pace. Every one of you should hold your head high and be thankful you are alive. It simply can't get any worse than this so hope for the best and get there.

Loving yourself is the key to evolution so accept change when it comes and allow the breeze to carry you through.

This new year, my friends, will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment