Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's About Time

I'm watching the Food Revolution with Jaime Oliver and am so happy he is doing another season. It is no surprise that our school system is somewhat destroyed. From education and teacher positions to the food they feed your children. There definitely needs to be change because our kids aren't learning what they should and most of them are fat and unhealthy. Is this okay with you because it's not okay with me.



Now, I don't have kids yet but in a few years I will. I have friends that have children and also young ones in my family. I care about all of them and they deserve the best. When I do have kids of my own, they will eat the freshest, most healthiest food from the start. No nasty meat. No chemical filled junk. No food that has been sitting on a shelf for God knows how long. They will consume plenty of fresh veggies and yummy treats that are pure sweetness. And they will love them all.



The key is to give your kids the good stuff from the start. My Mother fed me tons of vegetables, fruits and organic foods when I was a child. I LOVE tons of vegetables and fruits to this day and I thank her or that. She didn't feed me lots of red meat, mostly chicken. That was a good thing too. Because of that I was never a big meat eater. This made it easier for me to go veg when it was my time to.



I don't care if your kids won't eat certain things. I know tastes change and little ones can be picky and quite frustrating. However, they only know what you give them. Get creative with foods and trick them if you have to. It's worth it for them to be healthy and develop good eating habits. I sure hope you all agree. If you feed your children crap, they won't like fresh "real" food when they have it. That is seriously sad and it's pretty much your fault. No one ever said parenting was easy. Buckle up and get ready for the ride.



My advice to parents, especially young parents, is to involve your kids in the preparation. Show them where food comes from, how it grows and why each is so amazing. When they see that there all types of delicious foods out there that are healthy too, it will make all the difference. Plus, they are learning and will have fun in the process.

As far as the school system goes, they need to grow balls and lose the greed. It's either the district doesn't get enough funding or they would rather pay administration money they don't deserve than supply the schools with healthy food. Both are screwed up but both can surely change. Right now, everything is falling apart. That is why people need to be strong and use their power to make change in the home. You all have the power to do so.

Stop being lazy and cook for your family. Make time if you feel you don't have it. Too bad. Stop complaining about money and stop using it as a reason why you don't buy natural and organic foods. Its old and annoying. Get over it. If some things are a little more expensive than cut back funds somewhere else. Food is important! Your body needs to thrive on it. Not crash. If you need help budgeting your money or help shopping for better food than ask. There is always a resource out there you can go to.

I sure hope that things in the near future. It's a scary thing. 2012 is right around the corner and we should all expect a shift to come into play. I am not saying the world is going to end but something is going to happen. Just be prepared, thats all. We all need to eat better, move more and take care of friggin planet! The more we destroy our surroundings, the more we destroy ourselves. Being selfish and greedy is disgusting. Money isn't everything and material things are just garbage compared to the real needs of human beings.

Do the right thing for yourselves and your children. Help others make the right decisions. Love all animals because they are Earthlings too. This planet is a home to all of us and we are all equal. We need nature to survive. We need to consume the gifts of the Earth to thrive and be amazing. We need each other for support, love and inspiration. It's about time we all Evolved for Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment